Monday, July 14, 2008

Kennedi Sue Homan has arrived!

10 cm - ready to push. I had to wait to push for over an hr though because they needed to get the green light from the doctor since she was at the office with patients. So, I sat straight up and labored "down" bascially let my body naturally bring the baby down with each contraction.

The last bump picture, this is right as we were heading out the door. Yes, I look happy but that's because I was in between a contraction.


Mommy and Kennedi right after the birth

Daddy and Kennedi right after she arrived


Why are all of you taking pictures of me?

The Bundle of Joy has arrived!!
She has a name, the much anticipated since we got lots of emails, texts and calls if we had a name yet! Kennedi Sue Homan made her entrance into the world 2 days after her due date on July 11th (yes 7-11) at 4:37 pm weighing in at 8 pounds 2 ounces and 21 inches long. I was shocked when I saw how big she was, lol, didn't think I would be having a large baby. I keep asking myself, where did she hide.

She is absolutely gorgeous and mom and dad are already in love with this little one. She has a head full of hair which is no surprise to mommy and daddy since we both have thick head full of hair. She is a very good baby so far and we couldn't be happier. I think she knows daddy needed a good little girl to get adjusted to this parent thing. Breastfeeding is going well and the little chunker likes to eat. We had a doctor's appt yesterday to check her jaundice and she is already at her birth weight after being 7 pounds 12 ounces when dismissed from the hospital. So, I know she is getting food :).

Here are some of the photos we have taken, but we can't wait to share her with all our friends and family.

No comments: