Friday, October 24, 2008

New Routine - Back to Work

Mommy is Back to Work Full-Time


Well as most of you know I returned to work this week on Wednesday. The 1st day off to the babysitter (Jane) went smoother than I was anticipating. Of course, Kennedi didn't want to get up at 7 am to eat and change her clothes. The look on her face said...What are you doing waking me up at this hour. Our little girl loves to stay up late, already a night owl, and then hates the mornings. When I was on maternity leave she would eat around 6 and then go back to bed until 8:30 or so. The first day Chris and I both went to drop her off for the first time so Dad could meet Jane and understand the process since he would be doing it going forward. Chris brought her by himself Thursday and today and he is doing a great job! I pick her up at the end of the day and it is the highlight of my day picking her up and seeing her smiling face. I am really going to cherish the time I spend with her at night and on weekends now that I am away from her all day.


So, How is Kennedi at Jane's? The report from Jane is that she takes cat naps during the day, haha, not too shocked since she needs to know what is going on all the time. She is eating great out of the bottles and overall happy when she is there. The sitter did experience a "Kennedi explosion" for the 1st time and I warned her it would happen eventually :). Thanks Jane for taking care of our little chunky monkey if you are reading this, I am so blessed I have found you.


Kennedi must have sensed Mom was going back to work, because she was sleeping pretty well at night for me up until this week. Starting this week she has decided to get up at 1:00 and 4:00 each night and she is up for awhile when she is up :(. She also has decided she is a big girl and doesn't go down until 10:30 when I force her down....for a little girl she doesn't sleep much. She is taking after her 1st cousin Hanna - my sister and I think it's girls :)!



Overall, I am transitioning well back into work and juggling the demands of motherhood. As always, posting some recent photos of Kennedi. We go to the doctor in 2 weeks so I will have updated stats for you then. My guess is she is around 15 pounds already!










The only picture I have with a smile, she always smile but as soon as I put the camera in her face she stops smiling and wants to figure out what is in her face, lol.














No comments: